Avocado oil is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins A, D, and E. Here’s how it benefits your skin:
- Moisture and nourishment. In addition to vitamin E, avocado oil also contains potassium, lecithin and many other nutrients for treating the skin.
- Relieves symptoms caused by psoriasis and eczema. The antioxidants and vitamins in avocado oil help to heal the dry, irritated skin caused by numerous skin disorders.
- Treats and prevents acne. Avocado oil hydrates the skin without leaving an oily residue and it is anti-inflammatory thus reducing the inflammation associated with acne.
- Treats wounds. The essential fatty acids and oleic acid in avocado oil promotes collagen, which is the process of creating new connective tissue.
- Treats sunburn. The nutrients in avocado oil help to reduce the symptoms caused by sunburn. The vitamin E, beta carotene, vitamin D, protein, lecithin, and essential fatty acids all work to heal and soothe the skin
- Scalp Treatment. Applying avocado oil to the scalp as a hot oil mask reduces dandruff and dry, flaky scalps.