Benefits For Hair:
- Promotes Hair Growth- By applying this natural remedy to your hair, you help encourage the hair to grow longer, thicker and faster for a gorgeous head of hair that stays strong and shiny.
- Moisturize Dry Hair- Treat dry hair, as well as problems that often accompany this such as dandruff and an itchy scalp. Thanks to the rich omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids and vitamin E in this castor oil, your scalp should feel cleaner, and your hair should gain a richer, softer texture.
- Strengthen Hair- The omega-6 and omega-9 fatty acids in Jamaican black castor oil can both do wonders for thin and easily breakable hair. These acids will nourish the scalp and strengthen the hair roots as well as improve blood flow to the scalp, which in turn encourages new hair growth, helping to treat thinning hair.
- Prevents Hair Breakage- Scientific research on this topic is somewhat limited, but many people swear by its effectiveness. If you struggle with damaged and easily-breakable hair, it’s worth giving it a shot.
- Prevents Split Ends- This oil treatment is designed specifically to help heal split ends and prevent them in the future, while also detangling your hair for easy combing and styling.
Castor oil is created by extracting the oil from the seeds — also known as beans — of the castor oil plant. Once cold-pressed, this oil looks transparent and pale yellow, like a lighter-colored version of the vegetable oil we use for baking.
Jamaican black castor oil also comes from castor beans, which is why it shares a similar name to traditional castor oil. However, the method of extraction is different, resulting in an entirely different substance with different uses. The traditional Jamaican black castor oil process involves the following steps. First, the seeds are roasted before being crushed in a mortar. Water is then added to the mashed beans, and the entire mixture is slow-boiled over a fire.
The result of this preparation is a pungent, dark brown oil that we call Jamaican black castor oil.